Learning and Innovation Skills and Student Assessment
This assignment requires you to make connections between high-quality assessment and learning and innovation skills. Additionally, using the Framework for 21st Century learning as a resource, you will redesign or modify a prior activity from one of your courses in the MAED program representing program learning outcome 3, 4, 5, and 7. There are several approaches you could take with this assignment. For example, you may redesign an instructional plan with assessment plans embedded throughout or a full assessment plan including a summative assessment you may have constructed. These are just two ideas out of numerous possibilities. If you do not have previous assignments to use in this assignment, please contact your instructor for guidelines on how to proceed. Refer to the MAED Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) list as needed. Upload your assignment to the course for evaluation and to your ePortfolio(Pathbrite).
Create your assignment to meet the content and written communication expectations below.
Content ExpectationsThe Redesign expectations explain what you are required to do with the prior coursework you choose to redesign. The Summary expectations are for the separate written portion of this assignment.
- Redesign – Alignment and Mastery (1 Point): Redesign an instructional plan with assessment plans embedded throughout, or a full assessment plan as noted above including a summative assessment that could be selected to include alignment between specific skills, CCSS, and objectives and includes criteria for mastery.
- Redesign – Learning and Innovation Skills (1 Point):Redesign an instructional plan with assessment plans embedded throughout, or a full assessment plan as noted above including a summative assessment that could be selected to include specific learning and innovation skills from either/each of; creativity and innovation, critical thinking and problem solving, and/or communication and collaboration.
- Summary – Introduction/Conclusion (1 Point):A one paragraph introduction to a summary that concisely presents the scope and organization of the summary writing, as well as a one paragraph conclusion that recaps your summary’s key points.
- Summary – Modification (1 Point): In one paragraph summarize the changes you made to your activity to meet the redesign expectations for this assignment. Explicitly state how your redesign assignment provides evidence of mastery of PLO’s 3, 5, and 7.
- Summary – Evaluation (1 Point): In one paragraph, evaluate how your assessment promotes Learning & Innovation Skills, assess how it could be used as a tool for ongoing evaluation of student progress, and evaluate how it could be used as a guide for teacher and student decision making.
- Summary – Reflection (1 Point): Summarize, in one paragraph, your experience with the redesign in terms of challenges you encountered and how you overcame those challenges.
Written Communication Expectations
- Page Requirement (.5 points): Two to four pages, not including title and references pages.
- APA Formatting (.5 points): Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment.
- Syntax and Mechanics (.5 points): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics such as spelling and grammar.
- Source Requirement (.5 points):References three scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook. All sources on the references page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
For information related to APA style, including samples and tutorials, please visit the Ashford Writing Center.
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to be sure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit the assignment for evaluation no later than Day 7.