Reinforcement and Punishment, psychology homework help
Assignment 2: Reinforcement and Punishment
Social learning theory postulates that gender developmentis influenced by social environment, which includes the media. An individual’sgender-related behavior is either reinforced or punished during the developmentperiod based on the existing social beliefs and standards.
The following assignment will help you examine gender developmentfrom the perspective of both boys and girls based on today’s cultureand with a look toward future trends.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University onlinelibrary resources, and the Internet, research social learning theory andgender development during childhood.
Applying the tenets of the social learning theory, explainthe role of reinforcement and punishment in gender-related behaviors forboys and girls. Address the following:
- Identify 3–5 examples of gender-related behaviors that are developedthrough reinforcement or punishment. Be sure to provide a balanced viewfor boys and girls, and select examples which apply to the developmentof both boys and girls.
- Explain, in detail, how these behaviors have been shaped by reinforcementand punishment.
- Describe your own experiences with reinforcement and punishment ofgender-related behaviors.
- Comment on the following:
- Explain the role of popular culture in the development of reinforcementsand punishments.
- Describe what reinforcements and punishments might look like inthe future, given current societal trends.
Support your assertions using valid research. Be sure tointegrate a reflection of your personal experiences and examples throughoutyour paper.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standardsto the formatting of your paper and the citation of sources. Rememberto include a cover page and reference page in APA format. Use the followingfile naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.