Quantitative and qualitative research paper
Research in the University Library to locate a research peer-reviewed article that uses both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper describing and comparing quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Define appropriate academic research.
- Define quantitative research and qualitative research. Explain how they differ, and relate each to the human services field and the scientific method.
- Describe how to decide whether to use a quantitative or a qualitative research methodology. Provide examples of what sort of study is appropriate for each methodology, and explain why.
- Define mixed method research, and describe its strengths. Provide an example of when it is appropriate to apply mixed method research in the human services field.
- Identify an ethical issue in research that was addressed in the article.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.