Program Evaluation Details: Quantitative data analysis techniques provide guidelines for program evaluators to understand what to do with data from such sources as close-ended questions
Quantitative data analysis techniques provide guidelines for program evaluators to understand what to do with data from such sources as close-ended questions, checklist types of data, scales, number of years, and number of service contracts. Any data collection technique that is structured can be put into numerical form. Qualitative data analysis techniques enable program evaluators to analyze data from such sources as open-ended questions, process notes from training programs or group programs, descriptive-form records, case examples, and other types of nonquantitative data. In both quantitative and qualitative analysis, it is essential to have a plan for data analysis. In this assignment, you will propose and defend the methodology for implementing a program evaluation plan for the organization you referenced in Module 2.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate the mission statement and program description from the existing organization that you referenced in Module 2 to use as examples for this assignment.
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
In a paper (1,250-1,500 words), propose a plan for implementing a program evaluation study for the program found in the organization you referenced in the Module 2 assignment. Your implementation plan should include the following:
- The selection and description of both a quantitative and a qualitative method of data collection to carry out the study.
- A research-based explanation of your rationale for selecting the data-collection procedures that clearly identifies the strengths and weaknesses of the procedures.
- An explanation of how you would maintain validity and reliability of the quantitative data being collected.
- A statement identifying methods for overcoming the kinds of problems you would expect as you collect the qualitative and quantitative data for this evaluation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!