Nutrition for Sports Performance
Graduate level writing
450 words or more
3 or more reference
Title: Evaluating Sports Nutrition Sources
There are many sources of nutrition information for the athlete and/or people who coach athletes. How good are these websites? Let’s look at a few and evaluate.
For this forum, find a source of nutrition information for an athlete which could be yourself. I don’t care how outrageous the source and its claims are because I want you to evaluate it using these red flags.
- Promises a quick fix
- Dire danger warnings for a single product or regimen
- Makes a claim that is too good to be true
- Simple conclusions from a complex study
- Recommendations are based on one or no research study
- Statements are questioned by reputable scientific organizations
- Lists “good” and “bad” foods
- Recommendations are made to help sell a product
- Recommendations are not evidence-based on peer-reviewed research studies
- Recommendations use studies that ignore individual or group differences
In your forum post, discuss the sports nutrition source you found and evaluate it using the red flags. Be sure to include the source you are critiquing in your discussion post.