Need psychology help with Assignment 3: Preparing for the Informational Interview Aninformational interview is a recommended tool for exp
Need psychology help with Assignment 3: Preparing for the Informational Interview
Aninformational interview is a recommended tool for exploring careeroptions. This assignment is designed to prepare you for an informationalinterview of a professional in the field of psychology. You willconduct this informational interview during Module 2. Here, in Module 1,you will create a script, design a list of questions, and identify theperson you hope to interview. You also need to schedule the interview.
In M3 Assignment 2 LASA 1, you will submit a written account of the informational interview you conducted with the psychology professional.
You will ask the interviewee to describe theeducational and training steps (the career paths) he or she took toreach the current position. You will also ask the interviewee todescribe, in some detail, the job responsibilities associated with theposition. The interview must be at least thirty minutes long. Ideally,it should be conducted in person. If that is not feasible, a phoneinterview is adequate.
For this assignment, do the following:
- Begin to prepare for this informational interview byidentifying the professional you plan to interview. Ideally, theprofessional should be engaged in a career that you hope to pursue. (Youmay want to identify a second candidate in case your initial choice isunable to complete the interview with you.) This professional may workin your local area, but that is not necessary. If you cannot identify aprofessional easily, ask your friends and family if they know anyone whoworks in the field of psychology. You may also want to phone your localcommunity mental health center or social services agency to ask fornames and contact information of potential professionals you couldinterview. Contact your facilitator for guidance if you have difficultyin identifying someone.
- Provide the following identifying information about the individual you have selected:
- The name
- The job title (licensed psychologist, social worker, or case manager)
- The level of education (a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree)
- A description of job responsibilities or day-to-day tasks
- The type of license, if applicable
- The state of residence and practice
- The e-mail address or phone number
- Develop a list of at leastfifteen questions to ask in your informational interview. Researchpossible questions to include using the Argosy University online libraryresources and the Internet. Click hereto download a copy of the “Job Resources” document and save it to yourcomputer. Refer to the “Job Resources” document to do an Internet searchusing the search terms “informational interview questions” in order tofind suggested questions. Be sure to put them into your own words forthe purpose of this assignment and to give credit to your source byusing in-text citations and a reference list in APA format.
- Ask the interviewee abouthis or her work, academic preparation, and advice. In addition, includethe interviewee’s answers to questions on the following topics:
- The experience, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in a career in psychology or in graduate school
- Relevant professional organizations
- His or her views on professional ethics and academic integrity
- The role of psychological research in his or her work
- His or her greatest challenges and rewards
- His or her reasons for choosing the field
- Develop a script(word-for-word written statement) that you will use during the warm-up(meet-and-greet) portion of the interview. What will you say to theinterviewee when you meet him or her? What will you do? For example,will you shake the person’s hand and introduce yourself? Include smalltalk of a professional nature that will serve as an introduction andexplanation of the purpose of the interview. Demonstrate in your scriptyour ability to interact professionally and effectively in aprofessional environment.
- This assignment is preparatory work for the interview to be conducted later in this course. Do not conduct the interview for this assignment.
- Write a 1–2-page paper in Microsoft Word format.Apply APA standards to cite sources. Use the following file-namingconvention: M1_A3_Lastname_Firstname.doc.
- By Wednesday, December 16, 2015, deliver your assignment to the M1 Assignment 3 Dropbox.
Assignment 3 Grading CriteriaMaximum Points
Identified an appropriate professional who met the requirements for the interview.12
Gave the necessary identifying information about the professional.12
Createda list of at least fifteen questions relevant to the professional’scareer and designed to gather the required information.28
Created a professional script for the warm-up (meet-and-greet) portion of the interview.24
Wrotein a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethicalscholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; anddisplayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.24
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!