Major Approaches to Clinical Psychology Presentation
Select one of the following psychological diagnoses:
· Depressive disorder
· Generalized anxiety disorder
· Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
· Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Create a 9-12 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, with Speaker Notes;
You have been asked to provide a presentation regarding psychological issues for a local community organization. Your audience is made up of adults within the community who are not mental health professionals, and who are interested in learning more about a specific mental health issue.
Provide a brief explanation of the mental health issue chosen, including primary symptoms, diagnostic criteria, populations most affected, and prevalence within the U.S.
Discuss each of the major theories in Psychology: psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, humanistic, and family systems approaches. Compare and contrast the major approaches in relation to your selected psychological issue. Include the following:
- When, how, and why each approach developed, and identify psychologists most associated with the approach.
- Terms and concepts associated with the psychological approach.
- The techniques and strategies used by each approach, and the goals of treatment.
- The effectiveness of each approach towardtreating yourselected diagnosis, based on treatment outcome research.
Incorporate information from at least five peer-reviewed, professional publications.
Cite each source you have relied upon throughout the body of your presentation, and list them on a separate slide titled References. Use direct quotes only sparingly.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit a signed Certificate of Originality document.