TITLE: Lesson Plan One
Creating developmentally appropriate lesson plans involves more than “cute” or “fun” activities. It requires immersing the environment with learning materials focused on the study topic and using learning standards to demonstrate children’s learning.The Assignment:
- Create a developmentally appropriate lesson plan based on children’s interests and supported with learning outcomes from the age-appropriate NC Standard.
- Use the attached forms to complete the plans, there is an attached Power Point.
- The plan must be approved by your supervising teacher before you set up a date to teach it in your classroom
The summary is graded on a 100 point scale; it is worth 5% of your overall class grade.
Maximum points are given as follows (see the attached rubric for specific details)
- 10 points for study topic that is developmentally appropriate
- 10 points for materials and supplies that support learning
- 10 points for listing specific Developmental Indicators
- 10 points Group Time, Story Time, Small Group Activity are developmentally appropriate and supports learning.
- 10 points for goals listed from NC Foundations for Early Learning and Development .
- 10 points Planning Form materials list is complete and items support learning.
- 10 points activities support the Goals and Developmental Indicators listed.
- 10 points for Extension activities that are appropriate and detailed.
- 10 points for 3 open ended questions that support deeper learning.
- 10 points for spelling and grammar.
Read attached Power Point slides for detailed explanations.See sample forms under Resources>Useful Links for this Class>Lesson Planning Assistance.
Link to NC Foundations for Early Learning and Development NCFELD
Age Group is Preschool and Infant
Please Follow Rubric and Powerpoint