Imagine that you are part of a small research team within Global Property Services (GPS) Plc (or any other company name you wish to use) – a UK based international business specialising in real estate services in newly developing markets and market sectors across Europe. The objectives of the firm are to gain knowledge about opportunities for new real estate business activity within a particular sector of an emerging real estate market in a Central Eastern European Capital City (e.g. Bucharest / Romania, Budapest / Hungary, Prague / Czech Republic, Bratislava / Slovakia, Warsaw / Poland).
You are required to write a report which discusses the findings of your research and observations and provides a market entry strategy for launching a new real estate business in a selected property sector of the analysed property market. Your report should focus on one property sector and specific business activity.
The report should be divided into:
Introduction – Section 1
Clearly select country and capital city (strictly from the list provided above) as well as identification of report aim and objectives (including property sector and activity proposed for market entry strategy)
Main body – Section 2
Appropriate background discussion of economic (market dynamic), political (risks), legal (e.g. property law and planning law), social (e.g skilled labour force), cultural aspects supporting the proposed business activity within selected property sector.
Main body – Section 3
- Comparison between key aspects of selected market in selected capital city and London
- SWOT analysis for proposed activity
- Discussion of opportunities and USP for proposed activity within selected market
- Proposed market entry strategy
Conclusion – Section 4
Provide clear advice to client including steps taken as part of market entry strategy
The report should include:
- A clear identification of the selected property sector and proposed business activity including a summary of arguments to support your choice.
- The property sector could be either residential, office or retail.
- The activities could one of the following: property development (within specific sector),investment (property portfolio acquisition within specific sector and asset class), asset management (property acquisition and/or management), valuation services, property marketing, property market research and intelligence, etc
- Clear identification of the city and/or country chosen – (a comparison should be made with the UK) and arguments in support of the choice(s) made. Appropriate background discussion of economic (market dynamic), political (risks), legal (e.g. property law and planning law), social (e.g. skilled labour force), cultural aspects supporting the proposed business activity within selected property sector. SWOT model of analysis could be used to discuss the local market context.
- Potential opportunities within selected property sector for the proposed business activity (clear Unique Selling Point (USPs), examples of main local market competitors and what strategy should GPS adopt to compete with them).
- A market entry strategy should be proposed for the company and supported by reasonable arguments based on evidence from the research undertaken. This includes steps required in order to set up the local business presence, how will GPS acquire their first customers, short- mid- and long-term strategies to expand proposed business activity/activities within selected property sector
- List of references (Harvard style)
This is an individual report and that should be written using academic writing style and supported by evidence (references clearly indicating your sources).
The main body must be only 2,000 words (+/- 10%) including illustrations, photographs, statistics, maps etc relevant to your study as well as a detailed list of references (Harvard referencing style is a requirement). Appendices (if applicable) will not be included in the word count (if in a foreign language these need to be translated into English).