https://theessaygurus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/unnamed-300x71.png 0 0 https://theessaygurus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/unnamed-300x71.png 2023-01-23 02:23:462023-01-23 02:23:46Ideal society: groups and deviance
- You are going to expand your ideas for an ideal society to include groups and deviance. Your writing will cover three sections: key components, theory, and the people.
Project Sections (Be sure to address the following questions in each section.)
- What are the different types of groups (e.g., primary groups, secondary groups, reference groups, formal groups, in-groups, and out-groups) within a society?
- What are the main characteristics of a group?
- How does the group fit the needs of the society and individuals?
- What is deviance?
- How can deviance contribute to society? How does it detract?
- How does Merton’s five-part typology of deviance fit within an ideal society? How can the theory explain stigmas?
- How do the different types of groups (primary groups, secondary groups, reference groups, formal groups, in-groups, and out-groups) impact people?
- How do people engage and contribute when they are part of an in-group?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of belonging? How do people conform to groups?
- How do groups control individuals?
- What occurs when people are not part of a group? How might they react?
- Why do people consider deviance a mental illness?
- Please include proper formatting throughout the writing.
- Use APA Style to format the title page, reference page, and citations.
- Use third-person language, double-spacing, a 12-point font, and one-inch margins.
- Articles must include at least three sources from academic books or journal articles cited in APA Style.