Agile project management has gained popularity in the software development industry in recent years. In this assignment, you must discuss the core values and principles of Agile project management. In addition, you must explore the root of the Agile project management and its history. You must also explain the differences between “task” management and “team” management, and how to facilitate collaboration in Agile environment.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Outline the evolution history of Agile project management.
- Explain the philosophy of Agile project management and the purpose of each phase.
- Compare and contrast task management and team management. Include an example of each on how each management concept is best used.
- Suggest strategies on how to build self-organized teams with Agile methods. Provide examples to support the answer.
- Suggest strategies on how the project managers encourage collaboration. Provide examples to support the answer.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe Agile project management methods and phases.
- Explain the leadership values in Agile environments.
- Summarize the iterative qualities for Agile project success.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in Agile project management.
- Write clearly and concisely about Agile project management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.