In Chapter 13 of the textbook, review the case titled, “U.S. v. AOL” and the Department of Justice report, Investigations Involving the Internet and Computer Networks.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Interpret how you believe a computer was used to commit the crimes they were being accused of.
- Suggest at least two examples of certified professionals that could have been used for this case and the influence they would have provided for the testimony of the prosecution.
- Determine the type of computer forensic skills and procedures or tools that could have been used to extract and preserve the data.
- Determine the documentation procedures that could have been used to document the evidence, and argue whether this would have changed the outcome of the trial.
- Research the Internet and other media sources for cases that lost due to not having accurate or sufficient digital evidence.
- Compare and contrast the various circumstances that were available in each case.
- Use the Strayer Library to find at least four academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites are not considered quality references.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine how to more effectively handle computer crime cases, addressing the use of certified professionals, computer forensic skills and tools, and documentation of evidence.