Behavioral Disorders The most common childhood disorders tend to fall into one of two categories: behavioral disorders or emotional disorders. This assignment will focus on the b
The most common childhood disorders tend to fall into one of two categories: behavioral disorders or emotional disorders. This assignment will focus on the behavioral disorders of childhood, which include the following:
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Conduct disorder (CD)
In this assignment, you will gain a better understanding of the similarities and differences among these three disorders by filling out the behavioral disorders template provided.
Recommended sources include your textbook and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website. You can visit this website at the following:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Retrieved from:
Then, revisit the case of Anna, the four-year-old girl described in M2: Assignment 1. Based on your analysis of the case, fill the template by doing the following:
- Complete the first three pages of tables in the template by providing information related to the three disorders.
- On page four of the template, explain the reasons you agree or disagree with Anna’s diagnosis of ADHD (in at least 300 words). Support your opinion with information from academic sources.
- If you agree, list her symptoms that correspond with ADHD. Identify at least one other problem or issue that would need to be treated.
- If you disagree, identify at least two problems or issues you believe are the most significant and most in need of treatment.
- Describe appropriate treatments for each identified problem or issue.
Add a title and reference page to the template and apply APA standards to citation of sources, including in-text citations and full references.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!