Resources: Ch. 11 & 12 of Managing Human Resources, Ch. 9 & 10 of Human Resource Management, the InterClean Scenario, and Employee Profiles
Consider the following scenario:
Now that you have created an appraisal system for employees on your new team and a career development plan for each member, you need a compensation plan for your employees. Because InterClean is embarking on a new strategic direction, upper management has asked you to suggest a new compensation plan specifically for your Puerto Rican team. You must propose the plan and a rationale to the Human Resources Department for approval.
Write a proposal of no more than 1,050 words that includes the following:
- A description of a compensation package for your new employment team
- An explanation of why your pay system will work
- A description of three components of a total rewards package that would motivate employees to reach peak performance
- A description of your compensation plan’s benefits to the individual as well as to the company
- An explanation of how the Puerto Rican compensation plan differs from the parent company’s compensation plan, including a rationale for the differences.