Ashford 5: – Week 4 – Assignment Applying Learning Theory to Life
Applying Learning Theory to Life
Preparation is key to any good research paper and presentation. Nextweek, you will be creating your Final Paper and Presentation. It isimportant to begin gathering your information and sources to fulfillthis project successfully. For your Final Paper, you will be designing atraining module proposal (not a full training module).The title of this training module is “The Importance of UnderstandingYour Learners’ Needs”. Essentially, you will be proposing theinformation you would include for assisting managers gain knowledge inhow to meet the learning needs of their departmental employees.
In this week’s paper, you will be setting the stage to demonstrate yourunderstanding of the psychology of learning and how it can be applied toa real-life scenario by creating a list of learning principles you maywant to incorporate into your training module. The group you arehypothetically assigned to train has already been designed for you. Seethe “PSY331 Final Assessment Scenario”.
Although the Final Paper requires you to apply five principles to yourtraining, that you feel will best meet your diverse learners’ needs, youwill include a minimum of seven principlesin this assignment that will provide you with options for your finaldesign. The principles you choose may be from the following areas oflearning psychology: behaviorism, cognitivism, constructivism, orhumanism. Be sure to review the Final Paper instructions in Week Fivefor further guidance. You will also include five content areas that youwould want to include in a training such as this.
For this assignment, you will be evaluating the different types oflearning, which are indicated in the scenario for the final assignment,and then list what content you intend to include in your training, basedon their needs.
Your paper must include the following:
- an explanation of Behaviorism, Cognitivism, Constructivism, and Humanism (one to two paragraphs each.)
- a description of seven areas of content (principles of learning)that you feel are the most important when teaching others about theimportance of meeting leaner needs
- Will you include information about multiple Intelligences or Emotional Intelligences?
- Will you include how scaffolding differs from person to person?
- What do you think is the most important?
- Demonstrate your understanding of these principles by describing how they are important in creating effective learning.
- a description of seven strategies, based on theory, that youwill include in your own training module to ensure learning success bythe group of individuals you are wanting to train (will you userepetition based on Behaviorism? Will you use motivational rewards basedon humanism?).
- Analyze how learning and learning theory may affect thissituation by listing seven possible strategies you might use in thistraining scenario and supporting their application through theoreticalexplanations.
- an explanation about why you would use each strategy basedon theory and each content matter based on importance (in your opinion).
To complete this successfully, also apply your research skills tothis content by synthesizing supporting evidence from at least threescholarly sources from the Ashford University Library that defend thesestrategies as the best options for your training.
Be sure to review the Final Paper instructions in Week Five for further guidance.
Writing the “Applying Learning Theory to Life” PaperThe Paper:
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (excludingtitle page and references) and formatted according to APA style asoutlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- The title page must include the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that introduces what you will be outlining in your paper.
- Must critically address each element of the paper. Forassistance with the critical thinking portion of the written assignment,please see the information included on the Critical Thinking Community website.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms the proposed training module and the content and strategies chosen.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, all of which must come from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.