5 to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation that is part of a cultural sensitivity
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Read the chapter, “Emotion” in the course text, Cross-Cultural Psychology: Critical Thinking and Contemporary Applications (5th ed.), focusing on emotion recognition, preceding events, emotional expression and display rules, and emotions in cross-cultural contexts.
- Review the Learning Resources, especially the article, “Cultural Similarities and Differences in Display Rules.”
- Explore the website, eDiplomat.com, and select a country to complete this Assignment.
- Think about an emotion-laden situation that would be significant for the country you chose.
- Conduct your own research in the Walden Library and other resources appropriate for the country and the emotion-laden situation you chose.
- Review the Walden Writing Center PowerPoint template.
To complete this Assignment, submit by Day 14 a 5 to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation that is part of a cultural sensitivity training course that includes the following:
- Briefly describe the country you selected and its culture.
- Describe an emotion-laden situation and how its significance may differ in your culture compared to its significance in your chosen country.
- Analyze the preceding and contributing events, cultural display rules, and other significant details in terms of how someone from your culture might respond, and note how these issues may differ for members of the selected country’s culture.
- Summarize key points of difference between your culture and the selected country in terms of experiencing emotions.
- Provide cultural sensitivity suggestions and recommendations for travelers to the country you selected.
Be sure to support your Assignment with specific references to the additional res